Photobucket

Monday, February 4, 2008

Do You Have an Attitude?

I got this little quiz from the January edition of Parents Magazine and thought it would be fun to post.



Maybe your kid's picking up some bad habits from you. Score yourself on Parents Magazine exclusive 'Tude Test to find out.

1. When your husband, who's sitting on the couch reading the newspaper while you're making dinner, asks you to bring him a drink, do you:

a. Say sarcastically, "Have you lost use of your legs?"
b. Bring him the drink and angrily shove it in front of the newspaper?
c. Nicely say, "Sorry, I'm in the middle of dinner here."

2. You've just sat down for dinner and your toddler screams, "Where's my fawk?" Do you:

a. Angrily reply: "I'm not getting you anything until you ask nicely."
b. Sigh loudly but get him a fork.
c. Say cheerfully, "Oh, I forgot to give you a fork? I'd be happy to get you one but let me get a 'please' first."

3. At bedtime your sweet angel asks for 522 extra kisses. Do you:

a.
Get frustrated and ask, "Why do you always have to make going to bed such an ordeal?"
b. Say, "Oh, okay," secretly wishing the whole time that you were checking email.
c. Tell her "No but I'll give you 5 giant ones! I have grown-up things to do now and you need your sleep.

SCORE: "A?'s" You're setting a bad example. Count to three before you respond - no matter how irritated you are.
"B's" You might be modeling a little passive-aggressive behavior and, trust us, it will come back to haunt you!
"C's" You're on the right track and can take comfort in the fact that your child's attitude isn't coming from you.




1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

Why didn't they include "Throw the drink through the newspaper."??? Huh? Why not? 'Cause that's what I'd do!

I am probably passive aggressive, but the kids would say I'm just plain aggressive after I'm passive.